Scalp PsoriasisAccording to the National Psoriasis Foundation there are treatments for scalp psoriasis. Whether scalp psoriasis is light or severe, science and research has created scalp psoriasis treatment solutions that include shampoos, skin topical medication, light therapy, injections, scale softeners, and drugs specifically made to address psoriasis.
Scalp psoriasis pictures often show various forms of this condition. If the scalp psoriasis pictures show thick, crusted symptoms, this is called a plaque psoriasis scalp condition. Psoriasis can appear not only on the scalp’s hairline but it can extend to the forehead, around the ears, and on the back of the neck.
Scalp psoriasis symptoms can appear in the following forms:
- Flaky or whitish silver-like scales
- Cluster of reddish patches
- Dry scalp is so bad it causes the skin to crack and bleeds
- Itchy sensations stemming from mild to very intense
- Sore or burning sensation
- Hair loss that is temporary
There are no causes for psoriasis, there is only one reason why scalp psoriasis forms and that involves problems with our immune system. The human body works well because every part of it communicates and works together.
When there is a glitch in communication signals, the body is told to grow skin cells that become scaly scalp psoriasis or plaque psoriasis scalp symptoms. This means that these skin cells overlap each other, piling up on the skin.
As chronic as scalp psoriasis is, it has a tendency to come and go but can be triggered by the following conditions:
- chronic cigarette smoking
- excessive alcohol use
- heart disease
- high cholesterol
- insulin resistance medications
- temperature changes like very dry air
With the support of a physician, home-made scalp psoriasis treatments help alleviate the pain or discomfort associated with psoriasis of the scalp:
- Aloe vera: creams from this amazing healing plant helps with the itching, redness, and flakiness.
- Apple cider vinegar: this product is a great panacea. For psoriasis of the scalp, it helps with bleeding or cracking.
- Capsaicin cream: this can be purchased over-the-counter and helps with the discomfort of pain and inflammation.
- Baking soda: baking soda diluted in water can be applied freely to your head or ear area to relieve itching and scalp inflammation.
- Coconut oil or avocado oil: A few drops either heated or cool can be applied to the scalp. Psoriasis shampoo can be used afterwards to remove some of the scaling.
- Oatmeal: raw ground oatmeal is often associated with bathing, but in the case of scalp psoriasis, it can be applied as a paste to relieve the itchiness, flaky particles and inflammation.
- Sunshine: Vitamin D is a great relief for psoriasis especially when it comes from the sun.