Top 5 Luxury SUVs of 2021
Are you looking to ride around in comfort and class? One of the top 5 luxury SUVs available in 2021 just might be the perfect vehicle for you. A sports utility vehicle (SUV) combines comfort with power and ruggedness with class. Who makes the top 5 luxury SUVs? What companies offer the best financing deals and warranties? The top 5 SUVs also make luxury an affordable option. What packages and trims are available on the best 2021 SUVs? Read ahead to learn all about the top 5 Luxury SUVs on the market in 2021.
Why Are SUVs so Popular in 2021?
SUVs of all classes and styles are experiencing a surge in popularity among consumers. While this trend began years ago, there are specific reasons it is continuing with increased strength in 2021. Some of the increased popularity has a lot to do with the major events of 2020 and the way people around the U.S. are feeling. The nation might currently be divided but the reasons SUVs are so popular in 2021 are common to drivers in the left, middle and right lanes.
SUVs offer a combination of practicality, comfort and room. Luxury SUVs, regardless of size, offer additional convenience and prestige. 2020 was an historically challenging year for people in the U.S. and the entire world over. Stepping up and in to an SUV gives a feeling of power and prestige. Stepping in to a luxury SUV provides a sense of accomplishment, pride and overall satisfaction. An SUV is also a do-it-all vehicle. This is a significant selling point for many drivers. There is room for the family, the pets and any applicable equipment or furniture needing to be transported. There is an increased sense of safety compared to smaller sedans or other smaller vehicles on the market.
The Top 5 Luxury SUVs for 2021
1. 2021 Lincoln Navigator
The 2021 Lincoln Navigator presents no significant differences from the 2020 model, due largely in part to the consistent manufacturing and design superiority of the model since 2018. The Navigator comfortably seats seven adults in three rows of seating. 2020 trims increased the amount of available standard features. The 2021 model adds nothing additional because it was not broke and therefore not in need of being fixed. The 2021 Lincoln Navigator is one of, if not the, best luxury SUVs available. Additional specifications and features of the 2021 Lincoln Navigator include:
- $76,185 starting MSRP before options.
- 16/22 city/highway estimated EPA.
- 450-horsepower twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 engine.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot allowing up to 10 devices to connect at once.
- Potential tow capacity of 8,700 pounds when properly equipped.
2. 2021 Cadillac Escalade
The fully redesigned 2021 Cadillac Escalade has a long list of pros and only a modicum of cons. This is a superb luxury SUV giving the Navigator strong competition for top billing. The Escalade has three rows of seats, which comfortably carry seven adults while still providing additional cargo space. The handling is balanced and the Escalade offers superior utility functions compared to the Navigator. One of the primary redesign features is the extended wheelbase, which increases legroom and cargo space alike. Additional specifications and features of the 2021 Cadillac Escalade include:
- $76,195 starting MSRP before options.
- Proprietary hands-free driver-assistance Super Cruise feature.
- 420 horsepower/460 pound torque 6.2-liter V8 engine.
- Independent rear suspension.
- Tow capacity between 7,400 and 8,200 pounds depending on trim.
3. 2021 Audi Q7
Audi self-describes the 2021 Audi Q7 as a big idea that makes you take notice. This midsize luxury SUV certainly makes an impact on the 2021 market by being one of the best SUV performers. The engine is powerful, the handling is balanced and the interior cabin is lavish in design. The high-tech features are also plentiful as are the additional safety features now included in the standard package. Some more great features and specifications of the 2021 Audi Q7 include:
- Starting MSRP of $54,950.
- 335 horsepower; 369 lb-ft torque; 7,770 pounds towing capacity.
- 7 Silvercar rental days @ no charge when you buy/lease a new Audi Q7 w/restrictions.
- Intuitive Audi MMI touchscreen display,
- All-wheel drive.
4. 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class 63 S 4Matic+ SUV
Mercedes introduced more safety features as part of the standard packages for the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class 63 S 4Matic+ midsize luxury SUV. There are several GLE-Class SUVs from which to choose. The 63 S 4Matic+ is the premier trim selection of all options. Priced at a starting $113,950 MSRP, this midsize SUV is for serious SUV drivers and contenders for roadway pride. With brawny engine power and a state of the art infotainment system, the 63 S 4Matic is a powerful choice for a luxury SUV. Some more of the top features and specifications of the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class 63 S 4Matic+ SUV include:
- Five engine horsepower choices ranging from 255 to 603 HP.
- Top-end safety features & a perfect reliability rating.
- Comfortably seats five adults; option for additional row seats seven adults.
- 15-21 city MPG; 19-26 highway MPG.
- Stunningly classy & forward-thinking interior design.
5. 2021 BMW X5
The luxury-packed 2021 BMW X5 is the fourth generation of an impressive line of midsize SUVs from BMW. The X5 has top-quality performance, interior design and high-tech features. BMW introduced the X5 as one of the first SUVs on the market and the model has consistently rated among the best in its class. The X5 offers active blind-spot detection, two-axle air suspension and a near-perfect overall safety rating from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). A few more of the best 2021 BMW X5 luxury SUV features and specifications include:
- Starting MSRPs range from $59,400 to $105,100 based on trim/options.
- Horsepower up to 523HP.
- 16-21 mpg city & 22-26 mpg highway pending trim.
- Up to 72.3 cubic feet of cargo space; standard power split tailgate.
- Standard panoramic moonroof.
- 8-Speed shiftable automatic transmission.