2021 Cable Deals For Seniors
Cable TV is the most sought-after entertainment right now. However, its monthly cost can be a burden for many households. Millions of Americans overpay for cable deals solely because they are not aware of the great offers that are being provided by various companies. If you are a senior, and you are eager to get a cheap cable deal, it is your lucky day. If you are a senior and living on a fixed income, owning the latest cable package may seem out of reach. Cable tv companies know this and many of them offer packages and discounts specifically for seniors. If you are considering getting cable, then review these discounts before you do.
Which are the top 5 cable deals for seniors?
The first thing you should do to save money is find which cable networks are selling the lowest rates. You can get substantial discounts on cable subscriptions from most cable companies. However, many discounts for cable deals are not promoted, so you may have to contact a sales agent to know your options. Here you have the top 5 cheapest cable deals:
Price: $45 per month
Many people may not know about Spectrum because it has changed its name over the years, but it is one of the most successful cable services. Spectrum, formerly known as Time Warner Cable, is a perfect alternative for seniors who want to save money. Spectrum provides a plan that can satisfy all of your needs, from entry-level bundles to more advanced family solutions.
- You will enjoy a wide range of channels at a reasonable price of only $45 per month for the first year.
- With the entry-level cable TV package, you get over 200 channels, including several HD channels.
- You have no storage limit.
Price: $35 per month
If you want to save money on cable TV, you might want to consider switching to fiber optic technologies. This is where AT&T comes in. Since it is a telephone service provider, it offers fiber optic infrastructure for its TV services. Also, it is committed to helping seniors save on their cable providers. This company has a cable deal called AT&T U-Verse which provides everything you need through competitive plans and discount bundles.
- AT&T U-Verse costs as low as $35 per month for the first 12 months.
- You will enjoy more than 200 channels.
- If you are interested in getting Cable and Internet, it has a $75 package for the first year. If you buy it, you get over 200 TV channels, DVR technology, and other benefits.
Price: $60 per month
You may not be familiar with Optimum since it is a fairly new cable company. However, due to its competitive prices, it is gaining ground every day. The best thing about Optimum is that it delivers more than 400 TV channels at an affordable price. You do not need to sign a contract to get this service. Optimun is helping those seniors with low-income to watch TV and enjoy their favorite programs.
- With over 220 networks, Optimum's TV service is ideal for those looking for a deal around $60 a month.
- Reduced pricing given the high number of channels.
- This provider also has discounts as well as a seasonal promo for new customers. If you browse the Optimum website, you can take advantage of deals like a free installation at home, gift cards, and special discounts for your first year of service.
Price: $100 per month
Mediacom is a smaller cable company in comparison with the rest, but it still offers high quality cable. You can rest assured because it is among the biggest media companies in the United States. Also, they have won many national awards for their cable operation in the last two years.
- Mediacom can afford to sell packages at a far cheaper price than any of its rivals. For just $99.98 a month, you get Cable and Internet.
- It has over 170 channels, 75 of which are HD.
- This deal contains all the programming On Demand.
Price: $50 per month
Xfinity is the most affordable cable provider in the industry. If you are looking for cheap cable TV service, this is your go-to company. It offers a standard deal that comes with 140 channels at $50 per month for the first 12 months. The DVR from Xfinity may not be the best on the market, but given its low cost, it is good enough.
- It offers the top 25 channels in the US, including AMC, Discovery, USA, ESPN, among others
- The $50 monthly TV plan features over 140 channels.