Cool Sculpting: How Can Cool Sculpting & Fat Freezing Benefit Your Body?
“Cool sculpting” is a new, FDA-approved procedure that eliminates visible fat in the chin, jawline, abdomen, thighs, arms, buttocks, and back areas. If significant weight loss does not interest you, or you just do not have a lot of weight to lose, but have problem areas, then you should definitely take a look at CoolSculpting®. Alternatively known as “fat freezing”, this method targets fatty areas throughout the body that may be resistant to usual methods of diet and exercise. Benefits of CoolSculpting® include fat reduction, price compared to liposuction or tummy tucks, convenience, effective results, no scars, and virtually no pain.
Cryolipolysis (the technical name for CoolSculpting®) is a technology that took several years to develop, and entails a non-surgical procedure using an instrument to freeze fat cells. These cells are eliminated from the body or simply absorbed. Common side-effects of CoolSculpting® include temporary swelling, redness, and bruising. You may also feel tingling, skin sensitivity, and sometimes a sensation of fullness if treatment occurs in the chin or jawline area. Despite this, it has become the go-to treatment for those wishing to tone and sculpt their bodies.
How does CoolSculpting work?
The term “fat freezing” is an apt description because CoolSculpting uses freezing temperatures to break down the fat stored in the cells. It does not damage any other cells, so there is little damage to underlying tissue or skin. When you go in for your procedure, the practitioner uses a small device that looks a lot like an ultrasound wand. This is actually a vacuum that gently sucks the area to be treated into the applicator, which then cools the cells. Many patients report feeling a numbing sensation. Even though the procedure may only take an hour or less it is not a magic “fat zapper”. It takes about four to six months for the fat cells to be absorbed or eliminated from the body. During this time you may see increased trips to the bathroom. Most report a reduction of around 20 percent of the fat in the treated area.
Does Coolsculpting work?
Coolsculpting works remarkably well. Its success rate is high and is effective for reducing areas of fat form various places on the body. Your lifestyle and other genetic factors can play a role in fat distribution on your body, so each person’s experience is unique with this treatment. A good rule of thumb when it comes to judging whether it will work for you is to be within 30 pounds of your goal weight. If you are over 30 pounds from your goal weight, then most experts suggest losing weight first, then using the procedure to finish the task.
10 Advantages of Cool Sculpting
- Cost Effective. Rather than shelling out hundreds or even thousands of dollars for liposuction, CoolSculpting® is a more cost-effective option for reducing fat in certain areas of the body. This is because many liposuction procedures must be performed in a hospital setting. CoolSculpting® is a non-surgical treatment for fat reduction that does not require anesthesia, hospitalization, or lengthy recuperation.
- Lower Risk. Because there is no surgery involved, CoolSculpting® has very few risks associated. Make sure to search for board-certified, experienced providers who have exemplary patient reviews and a background in CoolSculpting® treatments.
- CoolSculpting® is a great option if you want to target certain areas but do not have a lot of time for a long hospital stay and recovery time. CoolSculpting® usually takes less than an hour to complete and many patients even work on laptops or cellphones during the procedure.
- No Scarring. Liposuction and other fat removal surgeries often leave scars, but CoolSculpting® leaves zero marks.
- Multiple Treatment Areas. There are numerous areas on the body that CoolSculpting® can treat, including the chin, abdomen, thighs, buttocks, “love handles”, upper arms, back, “bra bulge” (loose skin under the arm that tends to hang over your bra), and under the buttocks (also called the “banana roll”).
- Less Pain. Any kind of surgery comes with some amount of pain, but CoolSculpting® does not involve lasers, needles, or incisions, so there is just a minimal amount of discomfort associated with the procedure. Because of this the typical recovery process is much faster than traditional liposuction and other fat removing surgeries.
- Localized Areas of Fat Reduction. CoolSculpting® differs from traditional weight loss programs and surgery in that it targets specific areas of the body that need the most attention. For example, if you have a double chin and jiggly underarms, using this procedure would only target those stubborn areas.
- Quick Results. Patients who are treated with CoolSculpting® see drastic results in as little as one to months after treatment, with a 20-25 percent fat reduction in a single session. Patients work with their provider to customize a treatment plan that streamlines results and enhances the process.
- FDA-Approved. CoolSculpting® is an FDA-approved, noninvasive treatment option with nine distinct target areas on the body. This noninvasive, non-surgical procedure first gained FDA approval in 2010.
- Lower Side-effects. The list of side-effects for CoolSculpting® is much shorter than liposuction and other more invasive weight loss surgeries, and might include some tenderness, swelling, firmness, bruising, or stinging.